Types of forms that work with the tool:
As long as the form is a static HTML form, wrapped in an HTML tag <form>and not contained within a <iframe>, Datacrush should be able to capture the submitted data.
Some common reasons why the tool might not capture form data:
- The form is not included in the <form> tags.
- The form is located inside a <iframe>.
- Each form must have the ID or NAME attribute with a value that uniquely identifies the form.
- Form elements must have one of the ID or NAME attributes that uniquely identifies them.
- An email field that relates to the Email property of DataCrush must exist.
- The form does not perform a traditional data post, but performs data submissions using Ajax.
- The form was entered after loading the entire page. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens for submissions on the forms that were present at that point.
- The page does not include the DataCrush Tracking code.
Discovery of a form.
In order to use this functionality, the DataCrush tracking code must have been previously included in all the pages of the website, which can be obtained from the Tracking Option Tools menu option and then press the Get Tracking Code button.
For more information, you can access the corresponding documentation.
!!️ Important Note: If the tracking code was obtained and installed prior to the date May 14, 2018, the tracking code must be re-obtained and placed back on all pages of the website.
The first thing that must be done in order to associate the form that already exists on the website with the DataCrush portal and start getting the data, is to enter the URL of the website where the form is located.
The forms are integrated by means of the ID attribute (identifier of the form), if a form is already active and capturing data, it is not necessary to carry out the whole process of association again, since any form that contains the same ID will be associated within the same form and the data will be captured in all landing pages or web pages that contain that form identifier.
For example: http://www.mysite.com, then press the navigate button.
A new navigation window will be displayed with the website entered, the site must be navigated to the page containing the form that you want to associate with the Datacrush portal, then the new navigation window must be closed.
Once the new navigation window is closed, the information of the detected form will be displayed, if the form is the correct one, the Select button must be pressed to confirm the selection of the form.
In the next step you must complete the configuration data of the detected form so that the contacts begin to enter within the DataCrush portal.
- Name: This is the name of the form to identify it.
- Email notifications: Emails (separated by commas, without spaces) that will receive a notification each time a contact completes the form must be entered. This option is not required.
- Preload fields: If you enable this option if the contact is identified on the website, the fields with the known values are preloaded.
- Property relationship: Automatically the fields of the form that can be identified with properties of the contact will be related, the fields of the form that are not automatically related must be related manually.
!!️ Important: The email property must be related in a mandatory way, the rest of the fields can be optional.
The form once configured can be viewed, edited and deleted from the general list of forms.
These configured forms can also be used as segmentation and trigger for workflows.
For more info about it, we invite you to see the tutorial by clicking here.
General export settings.
Before exporting any listing or. CSV file you need to check if the necessary properties or fields of the form, you can learn more about it from the step guide for exporting from DataCrush.
How to customize the export?
At the time of exporting the contact data that completes the form it is also possible to choose, sort or add necessary properties for each particular form, for this you can learn more about it from the guide on how to export forms from DataCrush.
It is also possible to choose the fields that refer to submit (submission of the form) and not to the data of the form or fields of the contact, for this you can know more about it from the guide of How to export data from to submit of a form? from DataCrush.